As you’re all probably aware, an armed conflict broke out between Israel and Hamas-led Palestinian militants from the Gaza Strip on October 7, after the latter launched a multi-pronged invasion of southern Israel.
Now on its fifth week, the fighting shows no sign of easing, with the latest figures from Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry suggesting 10,022 people have now been killed in the enclave – including 4,104 children – since Israel’s campaign began. Israel began bombing Gaza after Hamas killed more than 1,400 people in Israel and kidnapped more than 200 others on their initial attack.
Let us all together pray for the many people whose lives have been torn apart by the conflict in Gaza and Israel.
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.”
Let us pray for peace with the following prayer points:
- Pray for violence to cease in the region, for peace and reconciliation to overcome conflict.
- Pray for the protection and comfort of those who have been impacted by this war.
- Pray for God’s peace and love to wash over those who have lost loved ones, or are waiting to hear about missing family and friends.
- Pray for food, essentials and medical supplies to reach those in need.
- Pray for the first responders to be able to rescue the injured, comfort the grieving and help rebuild many lives.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment to be granted our global leaders and those in positions of power who have the ability to impact the course of this war.
- Pray for the Israeli hostages, other victims of Hamas attacks and all who are suffering.
- Pray for the political, military and religious leaders involved in this conflict to show genuine willingness to work towards a better future for all Palestinians, Jews and others living in the region.
- Pray for those in leadership in Gaza and Israel to be guided along the right paths.
- Pray for peace, the end of terrorism and of terrorist groups across the world.
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, we pray for peace in Israel and Gaza – for an end to hostilities and for peacemakers on both sides. We pray for comfort to all who mourn and for those who are waiting to hear news of their missing loved ones.
We pray for the protection of people and for the provision of all their needs. We pray for Christians to be a light in the middle of this total darkness and reflect the light and love of Christ. We pray also for an end to all violence and injustice in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
Lastly, we pray that the international community will work towards lasting peace in the Holy Land. In Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.