The 2023 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections was generally peaceful, says the Comelec chairman last week, after the conclusion of the polls. For that, we are very much grateful. Though there have been some deaths reported, and some violent incidents, on the whole everything went better than expected.
Now we have newly elected barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan officials that we need to uphold in our prayers.
Titus 3:1-2 – “Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.”
We pray for the prayer points as follows.
- Pray for the Lord to grant them the ability to serve with wisdom, courage, and integrity as they represent us and govern our local communities.
- Pray for the Lord to open their eyes and hearts to see our greatest needs as a nation and set the priorities for our government.
- Pray that they would recognize their own need to depend on God for knowledge, wisdom and for the courage to do what is right.
- Pray that they would bring dignity, honor, trustworthiness, and integrity to the office that they hold.
- Pray that the Lord will not allow the trivial to distract them from the significant and profound needs of our nation and our citizens.
- Pray that they would reject all counsel that violates righteousness and resist all pressure to violate their own conscience.
- Pray that each of our officials be surrounded by wise and godly people who will provide good counsel and encouragement.
- Pray that they will know the Lord’s hope, wisdom and mighty strength as they dispense their duties.
- Pray that all our prayers, comments, and interactions with our elected officials be seasoned with love and respect, and for us to continue to uphold them in our prayers.
- Pray that they would have a personal revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that they would rely upon prayer and the Word of God as their source of daily strength, wisdom and courage.
PRAYER: Loving God, we lift up our newly elected barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan officials today. We ask that You strengthen them with wisdom and grace in preparation for the challenges that they will be facing.
May they manage their teams and projects with love. Please keep their hearts pure and their eyes turned toward Your face as they work in the best interests of the people they are called to serve.
From the highest office in the land to the least known among men, may they all seek to know You more intimately, serve You more passionately, and praise You more fully. Through the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.