Based on the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) report last Monday, the total number of deaths due to the magnitude 6.8 earthquake that shook Mindanao on Friday has risen to nine. On the other hand, 15 were reported to be injured. The tremor also damaged 826 houses, with 97 homes beyond repair.
Yesterday, NDRRMC reported that the tremor afflicted 3,696 families or 16,293 individuals in Davao region and Soccsksargen.
Let us pray for the victims/survivors of the earthquake, for comfort in the days ahead. Also, that they might know the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding.
Psalm 34:18 – The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Please stand with us before God in solidarity and prayer.
- Pray for the medical professionals and rescue/aid workers, that the Lord will give them protection, wisdom, and stamina to do their jobs well.
- Pray for the victims/survivors, for their safety and for the provision of all their needs—physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- Pray for the healing of injuries and the restoration of their health and well-being.
- Pray for God’s strength and consolation to be upon those who have lost loved ones or have family members still unaccounted for.
- Pray for the success of the continuing rescue and recovery efforts, as well as the safety of the first responders and relief workers.
- Pray for God to give comfort and hope to those who have lost many precious possessions, and for His help in the process of rebuilding or repairing their homes.
- Pray for the Lord to pour out joy and peace on those who are suffering, that they may overflow with confident hope.
- Pray that many will give thanks to the Lord for sparing their lives and that this will be a time when many will place their faith in Jesus as their Savior.
PRAYER: Loving God, we thank You for the strength and comfort You are giving the survivors in this time of great loss and suffering. Thank You for sending people to help them to rebuild and recover from the devastation caused by the earthquake.
In the midst of the destruction and chaos, we lift up those who have lost homes, loved ones, and their sense of security.
Grant solace to those who are grieving, and surround them with your love and support. Provide healing to those who are injured, both physically and emotionally. Strengthen the resolve of the communities affected, that they may find resilience and hope amid the challenges they face.
We pray for the emergency responders, volunteers, and all those providing aid and assistance. Grant them wisdom, endurance, and compassion as they work tirelessly to bring relief to those in need.
May your spirit of unity and solidarity prevail as people come together to rebuild their lives and communities. May this tragedy be an opportunity for compassion, generosity, and a renewed commitment to one another.
In the face of uncertainty, may the survivors find courage and resilience. Let the bonds of community be a source of strength, and may the support from near and far be a testament to the interconnectedness of humanity.
We entrust the survivors into your loving care, knowing that Your grace is a wellspring of comfort and hope. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.