(Prayer Journal no. 17 vol. 2)
Christians turn to God in times of fear and uncertainty as we do in times of joy and celebration. We know that everything is under His sovereign control. And so we pray for the sick, those who have tested positive with Coronavirus and are now quarantined or undergoing treatment.
Let us pray like the apostle John prayed for his brothers and sisters in 3 John 1:2 – “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.”
1. Pray for them to feel God’s power of healing through the care of health professionals. Please call to mind all those you know who are suffering right now from Covid-19 and pray for them.
2. Pray for treatment to be available for all who are sick; that they will not be turned away for lack of hospital space or equipment. Rather, we pray that those who are sick will regain their strength and health through quality medical care.
3. Pray for the Lord to take away the fear, anxiety, and feelings of isolation from people receiving treatment or under quarantine.
4. Pray for the Lord to give them strength to fight this virus and tenacity as they go through the period of convalescence.
5. Pray for the protection of their families and loved ones and for the Lord to give peace to those who love them.
6. Pray that at this time of sorrow, incomprehension, and tragedy, we will stand together as we pray for those who are sick according to God’s will for His glory.
7. Pray for both the sick and their worried family members to turn to the Lord in this time of difficulty, for them to repent and put their faith and trust in Him. May those who are sick pray this prayer from Jeremiah 17:14 – “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”