In light of what is happening right now in Afghanistan, we offer our thanksgiving to the Lord for the freedom to practice and preach our faith freely. However, there is still a great need for every believer to have a “war” mentality when it comes to expanding the kingdom of God.
Furthermore, as believers of Christ, we are commanded to pray for our government. Therefore, let us lift them up in prayer, knowing that they have a great task of making difficult decisions for our country.
“First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” — 1 Timothy 2:1-2
1. Pray for strength, good health, and God’s wisdom to be upon our President, Vice President, the Congress, cabinet members, and the chief justice of the Supreme Court. Pray that they will all act in obedience to this wisdom and for the power of God to be their source of strength.
2. Pray for God’s guidance and direction for the members of the Senate and the House of Representatives. Pray that they will all lead in accordance with God’s Word. Pray that they will be united in their efforts in passing laws that will advance the welfare of the Filipino people.
3. Pray for the protection of our law enforcement officers, military personnel, and frontliners from all sickness and harm.
4. Pray for our local government officials that they will diligently carry out their responsibilities and for the Lord to use them as instruments in maintaining peace, justice, and righteousness in their respective jurisdictions.
5. Pray for the followers of Jesus in leadership positions to lead with integrity, stand firm in the faith, and tell others about Jesus.
6. Pray for the candidates in next year’s elections to take a brave stand for righteousness, even when unpopular. Pray that they will focus on addressing pertinent issues affecting the nation and not on excessive politicking. Pray for wisdom for voters and a safe and fair election. Pray for a huge turnout of voters who will exercise their right and that they will do it wisely.
7. Pray for all government leaders to put God first in their lives. May they all go to the Lord in prayer when they have to make difficult decisions. Pray that they will know the Lord Jesus and be saved.